Sunday, October 19, 2008

Encouragement Through Your Miscarriage

I know there are so many of you out there going through the loss of your child. You might have just found out or may still be trying to grieve. Some of you have sought encouragement through this blog and other avenues. I just want to encourage you.

There is a light at the end of this tunnel. You might not see it at all right now. Maybe it is the size of a pinhole, it will grow larger. Eventually, you will be able to take a big step (maybe even a leap) into that light. I can't encourage you enough to reach out and talk about your current circumstance. There are people out there who want to share in your grief.

I pray for each and everyone of you who contacts me. Your story may have been used to help someone else who thought they were the only one. If you want to talk, know someone is here who wants to listen. Listening is not always easy, it can bring back your own experience and cause you to go through it all over again. Let me assure you, it is okay.

I don't want this to sound discouraging to any of you but you CANNOT do this on your own. When hope feels gone and you are not sure how you are going to pick yourself up and go on, remember there is a WAY. There is a Savior, Father, Healer who wants to hold you in His arms and make you feel all better. You just have to let Him. Tell Him how sad, angry, bitter, resentful, heartbroken you are. Through all this He will give you the peace, fulfillment and joy you so long to have.

I just wanted to share those things with you today. If you want to share your story please do so. You can leave it in the comment section right here or you can e-mail me. I will offer you whatever insight I can. I have the experience of going through it myself and can also give some insight on the medical aspect of it. So if I can help in anyway, please don't hesitate to ask.

May God comfort you through this time.

1 comment:

TheCarlsonCrew said...

What wonderful words you use to encourage so many women. Thank you and may God bless you as you grieve the loss of your son.

Lindsey