Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Waiting

Feeling hopeful, feeling lost, feeling alone, feeling like you will never get what you have dreamed of for so long.  Some of us have endured the heartache of never knowing if we will ever have a baby.  Others of us have babies with us and still mourn for those we didn't get to keep.  Either way we are waiting.  Waiting for the day we can snuggle a precious gift in our arms.  

What do we do while we wait?  Both my miscarriages were "missed", which means the baby had died and my body hadn't yet let them go.  I played a long waiting game, trusting God would perform a miracle in my womb.  I didn't get the miracle I prayed for but knew my Father had bigger plans.  I am not saying I didn't have bad days (which is pretty evident from previous posts) but I did choose to worship and honor Him while I was waiting and when the waiting was "over" and praising Him for the testimony I had to share.  

Can I challenge you today amidst your pain and longing to worship Him while you are waiting.  He can fill our wombs and heal our hearts if we just let Him.  My heart goes out to each of you, whatever stage you are in.  

I have posted a song below that I heard during the movie Fireproof and it just reminded me of my journey through my miscarriages and how I wanted even more than ever to "praise Him while I am waiting".  I found this video that is dedicated to those who are yearning for that precious gift from above.  I want to trust Him more everyday, not knowing what He has in store.  "It is not easy, but I will wait."  

I pray this video encourages you and please never hesitate to email me or leave a comment if you need/want to talk.  We can't walk this journey alone.   

                                 

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Chandra,

Hello and so happy to have found your blog and the sweet words of encouragement that accompany it. Like you, I find myself in this "wait". And, also posted the same clip on my blog of this beautiful song. My loss occured just like yours and I am so sorry we have this in common, but it soothes my heart to not be alone. Sending you prayers as you heal. Visit my blog if you like www.persuitofourfairytale.blogspot.com

Chandra said...

Andrea,
I will be praying for you as you wait. Keep me posted and feel free to email me if you ever need to talk!

The Blue Sparrow said...

Chandra, I found your blog through Andreas blog. We lost our son this summer to stillbirth at 28 weeks. I just wanted to stop by and say that Im sorry for your losses. And that I love the song that you posted! *HUGS*

Chandra said...

Blue Sparrow - I am so sorry for your loss. I know there are never the "right" words to say but I do and will continue to pray for each one of you. May God comfort and strengthen you as you "wait".